Am I Eligible?
Your proposed program must address one or more of our four thematic areas, Public Education, Restorative Justice, Societal Values, and Professional Development for public school educators. We value community programs that are strategic, creative, and inclusive in their community programming that supports public education on variable tiers.
Funding Core Areas:
- Public Education – Organizations that offer systematic processes to ask and answer the most critical confronting public education.
- Restorative Practices in Schools – Programs and activities that seek to end policies and practices that push our nation’s schoolchildren, especially our most vulnerable children, out of classrooms and into the juvenile and criminal justice systems.
- Societal Values – Programs and activities that promote a just and fair society by challenging injustice and valuing diversity.
- Teacher Development – By Invitation Only.
Please click here for a full list of what we fund under each core area.
—The Chicago Teachers Union Foundation does not fully fund any program or activity and strongly encourage all applicants to identify additional sources of funding for program sustainability.
—The Chicago Teachers Union Foundation does not fund organizations beyond three consecutive years. An organization funded by the Chicago Teachers Union Foundation for three consecutive years is automatically ineligible to receive funding in year 4. The organization must wait for one year to reapply.
WE DO NOT FUND
- Government agencies
- Existing deficits
- Political action campaigns
- Religious activities
- Small business start-ups
- Organizations under 1-year of program operation and existence
- The Chicago Teachers Union Foundation does not fund organizations beyond three consecutive years. You must wait a year to reapply.