SAVING LIVES TAKES COURAGE
Sign up for our blood drive and take the first step!
10:00 AM – 05:30 PM
Please click https://ht.heartlandbc.org/donor/schedules/drive_schedule/5573254 to schedule your preferred donation time!
Who can donate?
- GENERAL –The donor must be in good health and feeling well.
- AGE – At least 17 years of age. 16-year-olds are eligible provided they have written approval from a parent/guardian.
- WEIGHT – 110 pounds or more.
- DIET – It is recommended to eat something within the four hours prior to the donation.
- COLD OR FLU – Fever, persistent cough, sore throat or chest congestion disqualifies a donor.
- INTERVAL BETWEEN BLOOD DONATIONS – Must be eight (8) weeks between regular whole blood donations. Waiting period must be sixteen (16) weeks after double red cell apheresis: seven (7) days after platelet apheresis.
- MEDICATIONS – Donors taking medications may be deferred from donating due to their underlying medical condition. Check with the Heartland staff for acceptability.
- TRAVEL OUTSIDE THE U.S. – Travel to certain parts of the world may be cause for deferral. Check with the Heartland staff to determine eligibility.
For specific questions regarding your blood drive, please contact your Account Representative, Lawrence Smith, directly at LSMITH@HEARTLANDBC.ORG.