Grant Proposal Guidelines
Strict adherence to guidelines is required for consideration.
Page Limit: No more than 5-pages single-spaced, Times New Roman, 12-pt font.
Proposal Format (please format your grant narrative sections as follows):
1. Cover Page/Agency Introduction – on company letterhead, please include the following contact information for the Executive Director:
- organization’s address
- telephone number
- email address
- organization’s mission statement
2. Program Summary – provide a brief summary of the proposed program
3. Identify the need/issue
4. Program Goals and Objectives – list your goal(s), objective(s), and expected outcome(s) that will address the identified issues
5. Program Design/Activity – provide an overview of the program design/activities that will help reduce or eliminate the identified need
6. Program Timeframe – provide the timeframes and/or deliverables of the proposed program.
7. Program Budget – provide an itemized program budget for requested funds.
Required Supplemental Documentation
For full funding consideration, please submit the following documents with the full grant proposal. All documents must be submitted for consideration.
- 501(c)3 Status Letter
- Most recent financial audit report – all applicants
- Program budget with narrative – all applicants
- List of board members – all applicants
Grant Award Agreements/Grantees
If awarded a grant from Chicago Teachers Union Foundation, awardee/grantee agrees to provide the following document concluding the funded period or upon request:
- Year end program Report/Progress Report
- Grantee agrees to provide Chicago Teachers Union Foundation with photos of the program implementation, stories of impact from the proposed program
- Event details for the proposed program
- Grantee will feature CTUF on social media platforms in reporting or program outcomes.