Nurturing Teacher Leadership
Our next National Board Certification (NBC) recruitment meeting will be held virtually. Conference invitations will be sent to teachers, counselors, and librarians who register in the form below.
Nurturing Teacher Leadership (NTL), established in 1997, is the Chicago Teachers Union/Chicago Public Schools 2-year program of professional development and candidate support that prepares Chicago Public School teachers and counselors for National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS) certification, the highest credential a teacher or counselor can earn, providing them a $2,217+ annual pensionable stipend ($2,295 by the end of this contract).
Requirements for NTL Enrollment
- 3 years of successful teaching at NBPTS certificate level
- 3 years commitment to teaching in CPS beginning 2020/2021 school year
- 51 percent of your time teaching in the area in which you are seeking certification
Open to PAT or tenured teachers/counselors/librarians
Things to know before you register:
- When registering for the Recruitment meeting, please make sure that one of the email addresses you provide is your CPS email address.
- When registering for the Recruitment meeting, please make sure to list all your ISBE certificates, licenses, approvals, and endorsements where requested.
- Our required Summer Institute meets from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm on August 3 – 6, 10 – 12, 2020.
- While we do not yet have the class calendar dates for the 20/21 school year, please know that Nurturing Teacher Leadership meets 3 Thursdays and 1 Saturday a month, at the CTU offices.