Nurturing Teacher Leadership
Stay tuned for a recruitment meeting date update if schools remain closed through April 20, 2020.
Nurturing Teacher Leadership (NTL), established in 1997, is the Chicago Teachers Union/Chicago Public Schools 2-year program of professional development and candidate support that prepares Chicago Public School teachers and counselors for National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS) certification, the highest credential a teacher or counselor can earn, providing them a $2,217+ annual pensionable stipend ($2,295 by the end of this contract).
Requirements for NTL Enrollment
- 3 years of successful teaching at NBPTS certificate level
- 3 years commitment to teaching in CPS beginning 2020/2021 school year
- 51 percent of your time teaching in the area in which you are seeking certification
Open to PAT or tenured teachers/counselors/librarians
Things to know before you register:
- When registering for the Recruitment meeting, please make sure that one of the email addresses you provide is your CPS email address.
- When registering for the Recruitment meeting, please make sure to list all your ISBE certificates, licenses, approvals, and endorsements where requested.
- Our required Summer Institute meets from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm on August 3 – 6, 10 – 12, 2020.
- While we do not yet have the class calendar dates for the 20/21 school year, please know that Nurturing Teacher Leadership meets 3 Thursdays and 1 Saturday a month, at the CTU offices.
For more information, contact Lynn Cherkasky-Davis, Director of Teacher Leadership at firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 329-6274