Quest Center for Professional Development
The Chicago Teachers Union Foundation Quest Center is the premier professional development provider in Chicago for Chicago’s public school teachers, clinicians, counselors, and PSRPs. We offer a variety of professional learning opportunities through workshops, courses, learning series, and learning labs. All of our professional development offerings provide the opportunity for participants to collaborate and network to improve their practice. All sessions offer ISBE Professional Development Hours, and some courses offer an additional CPS Lane Placement Credit option.
For assistance with registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Deborah Pazera at (312) 329-6271.
If you have questions about a specific professional development offering, please contact the instructor.
The Quest Center continues to reach out to the community on Restorative Practices, Social Justice, and Trauma-Informed Schools.
The DePaul University College Of Education
Presents The Winter Education Issues Forum:
Trauma Informed Teaching and Counseling
Join us for a discussion with:
- Dr. Tara Gill, Clinical Psychologist, Lurie Children’s Hospital, Center for Childhood Resilience
- Michael Moriarty, NBCT, Professional Development Facilitator, Quest Center, Chicago Teachers Union Foundation
- James Smith, Counselor/Case Manager, John Cook Elementary School, CPS
The panel will discuss:
- Understanding the impact of chronic trauma on students
- Building systems of support in a school
- Developing classroom interventions and clinical services
- Addressing prevention and advocacy
- Self-care for teachers and counselors