The Chicago Teachers Union Foundation awarded grant funding to community-based organizations located throughout the Chicago area. Our 2019 Grantees offered community services that ranged from creating opportunities for unemployed youth, promoting the development of new education policies that would support the reduction of school expulsions and suspensions to offering after-school arts program and leadership training workshops for students and parents.
For 2019, Grantees are continuing success and growth with programs sure to make a significant impact in the lives of educators, youth/students, and parents. To learn more about the amazing community work was done by our Grantees or to connect with a specific organization, click on any of the informational blocks below.
- Action Now Institute
- American Indian Center
- Art Helps Heal
- Brighton Park Neighborhood Council
- Chicago Housing Initiative
- Communities United
- Creative Chicago Reuse Exchange (CCRx)
- Equip for Equality
- Grassroots Collaborative
- Illinois Humanities
- Institute for Positive Living
- Journey for Justice Alliance
- KEEN (KIDS ENJOY EXERCISE NOW) Chicago
- Kenwood-Oakland Community Organization
- Legal Council for Health Justice
- Logan Square Neighborhood Association
- Lugenia Burns Hope Center
- Manufacturing Renaissance
- Mini Medical Program of North Lawndale
- New Moms, Inc.
- Northside Action for Justice
- Parents 4 Teachers
- Pilsen Alliance
- Rainbows for All Children
- Sacred Ground
- Southside Together Organizing for Power
- Storycatchers Theatre
- The Adjoin Fund, Inc.
- Youth Network Council dba Illinois Collaboration On Youth
- UIC Institute for Research on Race and Public Policy