Graduate Courses, Certificates, and Endorsements
Earn Your ESL/Bilingual Endorsement in 2 Semesters
Begins January 2020
To better serve Chicago’s diverse student population, Roosevelt University is partnering with the Chicago Teachers Union Foundation to recruit teachers to join a new cohort working toward Bilingual and ESL endorsements. This new cohort will complete the course requirements for ESL and Bilingual endorsements in only two semesters.
The program will be delivered in the following manner:
- Winter 2020 | Jan. – May | READ 468 (January – March 2020) & READ 475 (March – May 2020) (ONLINE)
- Summer 2020 – Face to Face – one week intensives: READ 458 (July 6 – 10) READ 473 (July 13 – 17) READ 474 (July 20 – 24)
- The Winter 2020 courses will be online beginning January 21, 2020.
- The three Summer 2020 courses will be delivered in one week intensive formats. All summer classes meet face-to-face, Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., at Roosevelt University, 430 S. Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60605
- A MANDATORY pre-session video is required before the summer face to face courses begin.
- CPS educators pay only $1,173 for each course – $391 per credit hour!
THIS IS A 56% TUITION REDUCTION for CTU Members
- NOTE: The Illinois State Board of Education requires 100 clinical hours in bilingual or ESL settings.
For more information, and to register, contact:
Ms. Laura Lag, Assistant Dean Graduate Admission firstname.lastname@example.org
Earn your LBSI Endorsement or Subsequent Endorsement in Early Childhood from NLU
» A high-quality, career-focused curriculum designed and taught by expert faculty, including CTU members, in a convenient, affordable format.
» A blended program — with classes held both online and face-to-face that provides the flexibility you need as an educator so you can study with your colleagues in a special Chicago Teachers Union Foundation QUEST CENTER cohort.
Chicago Teachers Union members can earn the following endorsements through a partnership between the Chicago Teachers Union Foundation QUEST CENTER and National Louis University: Learning Behavior Specialist (LBSI), Subsequent Endorsement in Early Childhood (Birth-2nd Grade)
Why NLU and the CTUF Quest Center?
Through your experiences with the Quest Center and as a Chicago Public School educator, you understand the importance of continued professional development. Our partnership with NLU brings you high-quality, career-focused programs and courses that will enable you to strengthen your assessment and curriculum development skills and prepare you to fill specialized, in-demand positions in CPS schools.
NLU is a leader in providing quality education for adult learners and prides itself on understanding the complex lives of teachers and works to meet their professional and personal needs. No matter which program you choose, you can always expect the following:
- Expert Faculty—Learn from faculty with deep experience in PreK-12 education
- Clear and Predictable Schedules—Know your schedule and time to completion from day one
- Convenient and Flexible Delivery—Choose between classes offered in blended formats, with both face-to-face and online sessions, or 100% online
Winter term classes begin January 13, 2020
Contact Wendy Gaeding at email@example.com or call 847-947-5037 to learn more about NLU, the National College of Education, and our partnership with the Chicago Teachers Union Foundation Quest Center.