Graduate Courses, Certificates, and Endorsements
Master of Arts Degree in Community and Teacher Leaders Graduate Studies
M.A. in Community and Teacher Leaders (only 10 courses)
Teacher Leader Concentration: This option provides knowledge and skills related to leadership, peer mentoring and professional development; promotes positive school culture that focuses on achievement; highlights equity as a means of empowerment, uses data to improve educational outcomes; and promotes building collaborative relationships with communities. Focusing on social justice and the strengths of diversity, this concentration leads to a Master’s Degree and the ISBE recognized Teacher Leader Endorsement. Course instruction occurs in class, hybrid and/or remotely typically one day a week. Adjustments to instruction will occur as necessary due to COVID 19
Teacher Leader Endorsement (Endorsement Only Option) (only 5 courses)
This option offers professional development for teachers who already have a MA to prepare them for increased leadership opportunities by earning the ISBE recognized Teacher Leader Endorsement. This is not the principal endorsement program.
Information and Registration: neiu.edu/leaders
Earn your LBS1 Endorsement or Subsequent Endorsement in Early Childhood from NLU
Chicago Teachers Union members can earn the following endorsements at a discounted rate of $450 per hour through a partnership between the Chicago Teachers Union Foundation QUEST CENTER and NLU!
» A high-quality, career-focused curriculum designed and taught by expert faculty, including CTU members, in a convenient, affordable format.
» A blended program — with classes held both online and face-to-face that provides the flexibility you need as an educator so you can study with your colleagues in a special Chicago Teachers Union Foundation QUEST CENTER cohort.
Chicago Teachers Union members can earn the following endorsements through a partnership between the Chicago Teachers Union Foundation QUEST CENTER and National Louis University: Learning Behavior Specialist (LBSI), Subsequent Endorsement in Early Childhood (Birth-2nd Grade)
Why NLU and the CTUF Quest Center?
Through your experiences with the Quest Center and as a Chicago Public School educator, you understand the importance of continued professional development. Our partnership with NLU brings you high-quality, career-focused programs and courses that will enable you to strengthen your assessment and curriculum development skills and prepare you to fill specialized, in-demand positions in CPS schools.
NLU is a leader in providing quality education for adult learners and prides itself on understanding the complex lives of teachers and works to meet their professional and personal needs. No matter which program you choose, you can always expect the following:
- Expert Faculty—Learn from faculty with deep experience in PreK-12 education
- Clear and Predictable Schedules—Know your schedule and time to completion from day one
- Convenient and Flexible Delivery—Choose between classes offered in blended formats, with both face-to-face and online sessions, or 100% online
Check back for new dates!
Earn Your ESL/Bilingual Endorsement in 2 Semesters
To better serve Chicago’s diverse student population, Roosevelt University is partnering with the Chicago Teachers Union Foundation to recruit teachers to join a new cohort working toward Bilingual and ESL endorsements. This new cohort will complete the course requirements for ESL and Bilingual endorsements in only two semesters.
The endorsement coursework will be delivered in the following manner:
- Summer 2021 DLED 458 (6/1/21 – 7/5/21) online
- Summer 2021 – Face-to-Face – one-week intensives:
- DLED 473 (July 19 – July 23) DLED 474 (July 26 – July 30)
- Fall 2021 (8/30/21 – 10/23/21 DLED 468 online
- Fall 2021 (10/25/21- 12/18/21) DLED 475 online
- One Summer Couse will be online
- Two of the Summer 2021 courses will be delivered in one-week intensive formats. These classes meet face-to-face, Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., at Roosevelt University, 430 S. Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60605
- Two Fall courses will be online
A MANDATORY pre-session video is required before the summer courses begin.
- Cohort students pay only $1,209 for each course –$403 per credit hour! THIS IS A 56% TUITION REDUCTION for CTUF Members NOTE: The Illinois State Board of Education requires 100 clinical hours in Bilingual/ ESL settings.
For more information, contact: Ms. Laura Lag, Assistant Dean Graduate Admission, email@example.com, 312-853-4753.