National Board Maintenance of Certification (Renewal) Study Group
All CPS NBCTs are supported in the Maintenance of Certification (MOC) process by the Chicago Public Schools/Chicago Teachers Union NBCT MOC Study Group through Nurturing Teacher Leadership (NTL). This year, we will support NBCTs who achieved in 2014 and 2015.
- Support is given through monthly whole-group meetings and from mentors who are NBCTs who have renewed their National Board certificates. The MOC Study Group is CPS-funded. There is no cost for this support.
- Except for a MOC registration fee of $75.00, ISBE subsidizes the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards fees for Maintenance of Certification ($495).
- ISBE PD hours are available to NBCTs who attend all of the study group sessions.
- NTL offers 2 CPS Lane Placement Credits for the Maintenance of Certification activity. To receive these credits, NBCTs who are maintaining their certification must attend every class. There is a $100.00 fee for the 2 Lane Placement Credits.
To join the CPS/CTU NTL MOC study group, write firstname.lastname@example.org and leave your name and personal and CPS email addresses. We are in the offices only intermittently – please do not call.
MOC Study Group 2023-2024 Calendar
All meetings begin at 5:00 and continue until 8:30 PM. Virtual meetings will be held using Zoom
- Thursday, October 12 – This will be an in-person meeting at the CTU Center building. Please contact email@example.com to RSVP your attendance and receive further information.
- Tuesday, November 7 – virtual; please note this one Tuesday in your calendar
- Thursday, December 14 – virtual
- Thursday, January 18 – virtual
- Thursday, February 8 – IN-PERSON – CTU Building
- Thursday, March 7 – virtual
- Thursday, April 11 – virtual
- Thursday, May 9 – virtual
- Mid-May 2024 is MOC portfolio submission time – we will be available as needed.