National Board Maintenance of Certification (Renewal) Study Group
All CPS NBCTs are supported in the Maintenance of Certification (MOC) process by the Chicago Public Schools/Chicago Teachers Union NBCT MOC Study Group through Nurturing Teacher Leadership (NTL). This year, we will support NBCTs who achieved in 2013 and 2014.
- Support is given through monthly whole-group meetings and from mentors who are NBCTs who have renewed their National Board certificates. The MOC Study Group is CPS-funded. There is no cost for this support.
- Except for a MOC registration fee of $75.00, ISBE subsidizes the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards fees for Maintenance of Certification ($495).
- ISBE PD hours are available to NBCTs who attend all of the study group sessions.
- NTL offers 2 CPS Lane Placement Credits for the Maintenance of Certification activity. To receive these credits, NBCTs who are maintaining their certification must attend every class. There is a $100.00 fee for the 2 Lane Placement Credits.
To join the CPS/CTU NTL MOC study group, write email@example.com and leave your name and personal and CPS email addresses. We are in the offices only intermittently – please do not call.
MOC Study Group
All meetings begin at 5:00 PM. Virtual meetings will be held using Zoom.
- September 15, 2022 – we are hoping this will be an in-person meeting
- October 18, 2022 – Virtual
- November 10, 2022 – Virtual
- December 8, 2022 – Virtual
- January 19, 2023 – Virtual
- February 9, 2023 – Virtual
- March 16, 2023 – Virtual
- April 20, 2023 – Virtual
- May 11, 2023 – In-person
- (May 17, 2023, is the submission deadline – we will be available as needed)