Nurturing Teacher Leadership
Our next National Board Certification (NBC) recruitment meeting will be held virtually. Meeting invitations will be sent to teachers, counselors, and librarians who register in the form below.
Nurturing Teacher Leadership (NTL), established in 1997, is the Chicago Teachers Union/Chicago Public Schools 2-year program of professional development and candidate support that prepares Chicago Public School teachers for National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS) certification, the highest credential a teacher can earn, providing them a $2,295 annual pensionable stipend.
Requirements for NTL Enrollment
- 3 years of teaching in your NBPTS certificate content area/developmental level with a valid ISBE professional educators license at an accredited school
- 3 years commitment to teaching in CPS beginning 2021/2022 school year
- 51 percent of your time teaching in the area in which you are seeking certification
Open to PAT or tenured teachers/counselors/librarians
Things to know before you register:
- When registering for the Recruitment meeting, please make sure that one of the email addresses you provide is your CPS email address.
- When registering for the Recruitment meeting, please make sure to list all your ISBE certificates, licenses, approvals, and endorsements where requested.
- Our required Summer Institute meets from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm on August, 2 – 5, and August, 9 – 11, 2021.
- While we do not yet have the class calendar dates for the 21/22 school year, please know that Nurturing Teacher Leadership meets on 3 Thursdays and 1 Saturday a month, at the CTU offices or virtually.