431 S. Dearborn Street, Suite 1203, Chicago, IL 60605
The mission of the United States Hispanic Leadership Institute (USHLI) is to fulfill the promises and principles of democracy by promoting education, research, and leadership development, and empowering Latinos and similarly disenfranchised groups by maximizing their civic awareness, engagement, and participation.
USHLI is a Chicago-based national, nonprofit, nonpartisan, tax-exempt organization, and a member of the Board of Directors of HACR, the Hispanic Association on Corporate Responsibility, and NHLA, the National Hispanic Leadership Agenda
Since May 1982, USHLI has worked to empower the Latino community and similarly disenfranchised groups by promoting education, leadership development, unity, and non-partisan civic participation. To that end, USHLI can claim:
- 2.3 million newly registered voters
- 425 reports published on Latino demographics in the Almanac of Latino Politics
- 34 national conferences sponsored annually and attended by leaders representing 40 states
- Trained over 900,000 present and future leaders
- Awarded over $1.3 million in scholarships and internships.
You can find more information about USHLI at www.ushli.org.