NTL Recruitment Meeting Documents
Thank you for attending the webinar!
We look forward to receiving your Profile by 11:59 PM on Tuesday, June 28, 2022.
Click here to view recruitment meeting presentation slides.
Click here to view the NTL Calendar for SY 2022-2023.
Be sure to review the Five Core Propositions for your Profile.
Below the document links, you will find Profile information and the link to download the appropriate Profile.
- Five Core Propositions – This document is needed for the Profile
- The National Board Certificate Areas and Developmental Levels
- General Description of the 4 National Board Components
- FAQ about the NTL Program and the National Board Process
- A National Board Research Brief: The Impact of NBCTs on Student Learning
- CPS Lane Placement Example
The Profile is in four sections:
- Basic Information and Educational Background
- Narrative Short Response – brief essays with word limits
- Essay Section – longer essays with page limits
- Content Knowledge Section – two longer essays with word limits
In Basic Information, make sure to identify your National Board certificate area in the drop-down box at the top of page 2 (Teacher/Librarian Profile only). Be careful of directions – Narrative, Essay, and Content Knowledge sections each have their own directions; for example, the Narratives have a 2.5-inch margin on the right side, but the Essays and Content Knowledge sections have a one-inch margin all around. Be sure to copy each prompt and paste it before the response. In the Content Knowledge section, find your National Board certificate area and developmental level; respond only to those two prompts.
Hints for Writing a Better Profile
NTL Teacher/Librarian Profile due June 28
NTL Counselor Profile due June 28