NTL Recruitment Meeting Documents
Thank you for attending the webinar!
We look forward to receiving your Profile by 11:59 PM on Tuesday, June 28, 2022.
Be sure to review the Five Core Propositions for your Profile.
Below the document links, you will find Profile information and the link to download the appropriate Profile.
- Five Core Propositions – This document is needed for the Profile
- The National Board Certificate Areas and Developmental Levels
- General Description of the 4 National Board Components
- FAQ about the NTL Program and the National Board Process
- A National Board Research Brief: The Impact of NBCTs on Student Learning
- CPS Lane Placement Example
The Profile is in four sections:
- Basic Information and Educational Background
- Narrative Short Response – brief essays with word limits
- Essay Section – longer essays with page limits
- Content Knowledge Section – two longer essays with word limits
In Basic Information, make sure to identify your National Board certificate area in the drop-down box at the top of page 2 (Teacher/Librarian Profile only). Be careful of directions – Narrative, Essay, and Content Knowledge sections each have their own directions; for example, the Narratives have a 2.5-inch margin on the right side, but the Essays and Content Knowledge sections have a one-inch margin all around. Be sure to copy each prompt and paste it before the response. In the Content Knowledge section, find your National Board certificate area and developmental level; respond only to those two prompts.